Friday, November 30, 2007
Oracle SOA Suite is a complete set of service infrastructure components for creating,deploying and managing services. Oracle SOA Suites enables services to be created,managed, and orchestrated into composite applications and business processes.
Additionally you can adopt it incrementally on a project by project basis and still benefit from the common security,management,deployment architecture and development tools that you get out of box.
Oracle SOA Suite is a standard-based best-of-breed technology suite that consists of the following
1) Integrated Service Environment (ISE) to develop services
2) Oracle BPEL Process Manager to orchestrate services into business processes
3) ESB to connect exisiting IT systems and business partners as a set of services
4) Oracle Business Rules for dynamic decisions at runtime that can be managed by business users or business analysis.
5) OracleAS Integration Business Activity Monitoring to monitor services and disparte events and provide real-time visibility into the state of the enterprise,business processes,people and systems
6) Oracle web services manager to secure and manage authentication,authrization,and encryption policies on services that is separate from you service logic.
7) UDDI registry to discover and manage the lifecycle of web services.
8) Oracle Application server 10g Release (10.1.3) to provide a complete Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) 1.4-compliant for your J2EE applications.
In my next post you will learn how to setup a SOA applicaiton which includes installation of SOA Suites.